Business Continuity and Strategy Update: 30th March 2020
As the situation and concern around the COVID-19 outbreak develops into uncharted territory, Edge Networks are ensuring the virus has minimal impact on the services we provide to our customers, their networks and clients. At a time when everyone is under increased pressure and risk, ensuring the health and safety of both our staff and our clients remains the highest priority.
Following our official statement issued last week and in line with the constantly expanding government control measures, we want to ensure both our partners and customers are aware of the evolving steps we are taking to ensure daily operations remain unaffected by this pandemic. We are offering increased support and services during this difficult period, to assist in keeping national communication infrastructure operational at a time when it is needed more than ever.
To ensure this, we are taking the following strengthened measures:
- Expanded Working From Home directive and Core Operation Isolation as a continuation of our overall Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Strategy. Ensuring our core operational areas, equipment and engineers remain isolated and unaffected by unnecessary risks, allowing them to continue running business critical operations such as rapid-response services and expedited managed logistics.
- Increased pro-active monitoring of customer networks we would normally support re-actively, ensuring network supervision is unaffected while allowing greater flexibility and reduced resource mitigation for the partner teams usually tasked with handling this work.
- Increased smart hands offerings, due to our early precautionary measures to ensure we can maintain our service offerings, ensuring our ability to be reactive in disaster recovery situations, offering access to our dedicated field force nationwide for customers with limited local resource or field coverage, with the capability to ensure service reliance in across multiple technologies.
- Increased urgency for undertaking of remote Service Review Meetings with our partners and customers, in many cases bringing scheduled SRMs forward to ensure transparent alignment and any additional risks are discussed as the result of the outbreak, as part of our service offerings.
- Increased use of own direct delivery services from expected reduction in freight options provided by couriers at this time, safeguarding delivery effectiveness and allowing SLA deadlines to be met regardless of national courier network ability.
- Continuation of increased sanitisation in operational environments in the workplace, including:
- Mandatory spraying/wiping down of received goods and immediate disposal of waste packaging.
- Cleansing of all goods being dispatched by ourselves ahead of packing.
- Utilisation of P3 breathing respirators and disposable gloves in confined locations, such as our reference laboratory where extended close proximity to equipment and others cannot be otherwise avoided.
We are continuing to closely monitor the situation and understand the current outbreak is a growing concern for everyone. Be assured that Edge Networks is here to ensure the systems and networks of our partners and customers remain fully supported during this time, in line with our services which are designed to monitor, withstand and protect against detrimental events such as these.
On behalf of all the team here at Edge Networks, while fundamentally we are here to help when possible, we hope that everyone is taking care of themselves and each other in this difficult time.